Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Normal life begins...

As of yesterday Brad was back at work.  I'm pretty sure he was okay with going back to work...I think he was in need of the occasional break from the life of a stay-at-home father.  Me on the other hand was thoroughly enjoying going to work a day or two a week and then coming home to my kids and husband for the other days.  I think it would be a perfect world if we really didn't have to work to survive...but I have come to the conclusion that it isn't that perfect world and we need to work in order to survive and enjoy life as a family.  It's funny how quickly you become used to life a certain way.  I'm not used to being here at home by myself with the boys anymore...and I'm sitting here wondering what I'm going to do with them all morning.  Before I went back to work Levi was still always having a morning nap, and now he's not.  Thank goodness the boys are very good at entertaining each other and for the most part get along.

How 10 weeks can change a little boy.  My routine in the morning (before I went back to work) was to leave Levi in my bed and go have a shower...now there is no way I could leave him in the bed alone...he'd be over the edge in a matter of seconds.  He's become quite the climber.  We actually thought he may have had a concussion last week because of a big fall down the stairs that he had decided to learn to climb when we didn't know he could...and then preceded to fall down them.  Then the same day he was trying to climb on top of the wood piano bench...I heard a big thud and came into the room to see only Levi's feet with his chest and head underneath the piano bench on the floor.  Not a pretty site.  Needless to say he had a few big purple goose eggs on his forehead.  Poor boy.  I think he's going to be a bit more mischievous than Ben ever was.

Anyways...our new "normal" life has begun.  I am intending to only as much as I have/want to and that way we don't have to worry about babysitters/daycare.  I hope this works out.  I'm sure after a few weeks we'll be adjusted and life will be normal again.

No comments: