Friday, February 25, 2011

Enjoying the now

I've been thinking a lot lately about being content in the moment instead of always "looking forward" to things to come.  I heard a quote yesterday..."be happy where you are on your way to where you are going". This is something I really need to work on...and maybe that's because for the first time since I met Brad we don't have any big change pending.  It's been quite the ride...a ride with it's definite ups and downs...dating, marriage, arranging to travel to California for a year, taking contracts in California, changing our plans from 1 year of travel nursing to 3 months because we found out we were going to have Benjamin, ending up driving to California and only staying 1 week, Benjamin being born, some illnesses along the way, pregnant with Levi, Levi's born and moving to Langham...those are the big changes.  And suddenly here we are with no big changes looming over us...and that is a good thing but it makes me a little frightened about what could come (no more babies please!).  So my goal is to enjoy today, especially with Levi, because his baby days are diminishing quickly and even though I'm in some ways grateful for that, I was to enjoy them too.  And Benjamin will be two in less than a month...crazy!

No comments: